Most of the best things are wild and free ( non-restrictive 😛 ), and so are the mountains! If you have ever craved of doing something different and welcoming the new year and escaping right through ’em, away from technology, comfort zone, learn about local culture, eat local, live music and sleep under the stars, and learn about new stuff, we do exactly that!! 🙂
Just pack your bags and hop on for a trip that you’ll never forget, because the mountains are calling and we have to GO!!!
Higher reaches, plentiful sunshine mixed with vibrant white snow, and a snow trek through the serene beauty that mesmerizes your soul – all contribute to make Narkanda ‘the’ place to bring in the new year at. Stunningly beautiful, the absence of the regular tourist crowds and the raw vistas of the Himalayas gives you some much-needed solitude.
In an area which is extremely fond of music and dance, find yourself up and dancing through the “Pahadi Nati”, sipping the local alcohol called as “Chang” with the locals here in the mountains. Anticipate your feet to start tapping to the beats of the local drums and music as you dance your worries away in this lovely cultural evening. Spend your night around a bonfire as you listen to tales of local culture with people whose hearts reflect their unique cultural identity.
Gorge into the delicious food that is even more tastier as it is prepared by the locals and their love for you!
End your year through stunningly beautiful landscapes for scenic views that last a lifetime here.
Day 1 – Check – in at the campsite
Day 2 – Snow trek & explore villages and village life
Day 3 – Relax, explore, and prep for the amazing night ahead. Set yourself in and get ready for this one amazing New Year celebration with local alcohol, delicious food to gorge on, and an original music performance to swing by.
Day 4 -Wake up to a beautiful sunshine followed by a trek and a hearty breakfast followed by chill times and lunch. Check out at 4 P.M tapping your way around to the best memories made!
Points to be noted:
- Stay type: Camping
- Duration: 3 nights/4 days
- Food: Veg/Non Veg
- Trip type: Relaxation
- Motojojo holds the right to cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. weather), or if the count is less than required pax, in which case, a full refund will be provided.
- An indemnity form will be provided at the start of the trip to be signed.
- Valid photo identity card (Passport / Driving License / Voter ID card) is mandatory.
- Room upgradation will not be entertained during the trip unless if specified at the time of booking.
- Internal travel.
- Accommodation in individual tents (Any requirements should be informed on call/email)
- All the places of interests and attractions mentioned in the itinerary is subject to weather, political conditions in the area.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- All activities and visits included in the itinerary.
- All permits, tolls and parking charges.
- Amazing memories 🙂
- Expenses sustained by individuals above the facilities provided by Motojojo.
- Beverages/snacks. You are free to explore these as per taste and choice.
- Any expenses of personal shopping.
- Visit/entry to any place not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Expenses of phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary, still or video camera fees etc.
- Reaching at the start and leaving at the end from Narkanda from any part of India/Outside (This can be arranged on request)
- Cost occurring due to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancel due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks or any factors caused by force majeure.
- Travel Insurance and any item not mentioned in inclusions.
Things to Carry:
- Clothing in layers
- Thermal, Shirt or T shirt (carry extra), Fleece, Windcheater.
- Woolen Socks, Gloves, Bandana, Woolen cap. High ankle shoes
- Day bag / small rucksack
- Steel flask
Payment & Refund Policy:
- 100% of the payment to be done to register.
- No refund will be provided with and all the entire tour will be paid for well in advance.
“By signing up with Motojojo, you agree to be the part of new-age travellers who believe in zero waste and no-littering policy throughout the journey. Any non biodegradable product carried by you into the Himalayas will be taken back on departure. No harm will be caused, dislocated or impaired to the articles, artifacts and monuments of historical and cultural importance. Nothing should be said or done to undermine and disrespect the customs and culture of local people. Let’s spread the idea of love for travel.”